Kids, Kentucky and Camp

It seems my header for the beginnings of each new month begins much the same way these days...
"It's difficult to believe it is July!"
June came and went, so here we are...
Last weekend 4/5's of my kid crew headed up to Kentucky to see family:
 The drive is simply gorgeous...

 My man heading to his homeland...
 Like father, like daughter... and then theres Joshua back there with his scrunched up facial expressions, ha... "the entertainer" we call him.
 Our passage from Tennessee to Kentucky (a.k.a. the Cumberland Gap)...
 Made it to grandparents!
 Some bonding time with Angela... my trying to do what she is naturally good at...


 Another two hours north to Georgetown...
 Ranger, who thinks he is a puppy, wanted Victoria's affection...
 Happy, who is much smaller, jumped on the coffee table to secure Angela's strokes of love...
 I mean, he's huge!  Ha ha...
 Simon and Noah had a double header...


 While Mercy played in the championship game...
 COUSINS (and brothers) reunited!


 The men...
 Cousins playing soccer in the distance while the championship game was going on...
 Mercy's team went undefeated!
The boys won both game...
 Simon and Joshua...
 Papaw and Noah...
 Priceless picture taking...
 COUSINS
 ARE
 A GIFT
 My nieces...


 Saturday was a day of rest and recovery from all the driving = WATER PARK







 For the record, I did this slide but did not enjoy it... ha.  I prefer to see where I am going, so I stayed on the slide with the raft and the lazy river (ha ha)...

 Tony loved it.






 RANDOM insertion, I know.  While we were at the water park my sister, Priscilla, sent this picture of us.  Hilarious two little flowers.  
 Beautiful and blessed weekend in Kentucky... My only complaint = too short.
 Front porch view...
 On the road again... Sunday morning with all my crew :-)
 Joining our Imago Dei Church family via face time (thanks to Justin and Jenn)...
 Made it back with my worn out (and slightly sunburnt) crew Sunday evening...
 Monday morning bright and early began WINSHAPE camp (Chicfila sponsored)...
 Every day this week when I have picked them up it has been nonstop recollections of their day...
 It has been precious...
 Though difficult to hear since all 5 seem to talk at the same time, ha ha...
 Joy and exhaustion...
 Smiles and sleepiness, ha...
 Groupon meals and Kids Eat Free nights...
 With a coffee break for me squeezed in to hold this precious one and catch up with her beautiful mama...
 Our first Fourth of July celebration in our new house located across the street from where the festivities take place.  We were all exhausted, watched some television (I will confess, I was just introduced to the show Prison Break and am a bit hooked), and then walked to the end of our driveway to join neighbors in the street for the fireworks...


 Happy Independence Day (back at camp)!
 Man date (they both went upstairs to change for dinner and a movie and came down wearing the same thing! Ha.  Of course, Tony made James change, ha ha... would cease to be 'manly' otherwise, ha).
 Today is the last day of camp!  Chicfila day to which Tony and I will soon join them for.


I love the theme this year: GUARDED.

"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it." Proverbs 4:23

Comments

  1. What a fun and busy time in Kentucky!!! Looks like a blast though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To blog or not to blog, that is the question...

Vulnerable: Rethinking Human Trafficking (A Book Review)

Hele on to Hawaii