Seriously, September?!.

September: a month of craziness and relying on God's grace....
 (Above: Jana showing off the size of gigantic chocolate bar our friend and house guest, Steve Timmis, gifted us with from England during his earlier stay.  My kids were quite wide-eyed at the sight of it. Below: Leading worship with sweet, gifted, godly girlfriend, Jenni Price at SEBTS connecting point one evening earlier this month.)
 Tony preaching the Word at SEBTS chapel...
 Our car full of kiddos headed to their growth groups at IDC... too much cuteness for one car, ha....
 September has us running from one side of town to the other for softball and baseball games... too much fun....
 Squeezed in a night with my T25 workout girls' support group :-)... So grateful for these sisters...
 He looks like a professional, doesn't he?!. 
 Setting up at Imago Dei's new place of gathering for corporate worship...



 A few candid shots from our IDC growth group... love all these people!


James and Ben boxing in the backyard... you never know what our growth group will be up to....
 Homeschool has been hard, but God is ever present and faithful...
My oldest, literally, when supposed to make test corrections wrote the same things THREE times hence the following response:

 This kid...
 This crew of kids...
 Lord, help me....
Last weekend, our Imago Dei ladies (approximately 114 of us) enjoyed a 24 hour retreat in downtown Raleigh...

 What a blessing to hear from one another about the joys and struggles of everyday life and pursuing godliness in the midst of it...
 Titus 2 was our focus together.... as we enjoyed hearing from our ladies from various walks and seasons of life share on panel discussions...



 What a wonderful walk through the entire book of Titus presented by my aforementioned "sweet, gifted, godly" friend, Jenni Price.  I am so grateful for the grace of God displayed through this sister!
 My keyboard made a great podium :-)


I returned home Saturday evening to a house concert with our beloved Mississippi friends featuring: Josh Brister.  His new CD released this week!  Hope you will check it out!




 Monday we had family photos taken by the talented, Sara Lumpkin.  Stay tuned for those shots.  Titus made himself a center of many of them, ha ha...
 Pretty much how I feel at the end of everyday... spent.
 Can't imagine why?!.


 Homeschool has been a struggle in many ways.  There is a learning curve at the beginning of every new thing we take on.  I'm not going to lie and say this has been the greatest experience.  It has been laborious, exhausting and extremely frustrating at times.  I will say, however, that God and His sustaining grace has affirmed this decision repeatedly despite some great challenges.  Last week I wrestled through anger and disappointment.  By God's grace, I went to bed Sunday evening filled up from a rich time of prayer with our growth group and determined to not leave my bedroom Monday morning without having a sweet time in stillness before the Lord.  Deadlines and other responsibilities meant (and mean) nothing if I did not have rest in His Word.  God in His grace met me there.  The first thing I read in my morning devotion was the following:

"How lovely is your dwelling place,
O LORD, of hosts!
My soul longs, yes, faints
for the courts of the LORD;
my heart and flesh sing for joy
to the living God...

Blessed are those whose strength is in you,...

For a day in your courts is better
than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the
house of my God
than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
For the LORD GOD is a sun and shield;
the LORD bestows favor and honor.
No good thing does he withhold
from those who walk uprightly.
O LORD of hosts,
blessed is the one who trust in you!"
Psalm 84:1-2, 5a, 10-12

God is gracious to us...
 Look at these two... hard at work...
"Seek the LORD and his strength;
seek his presence continually!"
Psalm 105:4

Comments

  1. Kimberly! I'm tired reading all this but know that God's strength is made perfect in our weakness! Give and it will be given to you ... loving how God is using you, Tony, and your faithfulness in this place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy September you guys have had, Kimberly! We love you and are here to help if we can ever do anything to lighten your load! Be encouraged my friend, though. Seasons of homeschooling are tougher than others. Once you get into your rhythm/routine, I think it will get easier :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To blog or not to blog, that is the question...

Vulnerable: Rethinking Human Trafficking (A Book Review)

Hele on to Hawaii