Fast Flying February...

We began the month of February with a birthday celebration.  Where do the years go?!.  Tony turned the big 3-6!
 It's been a fast paced month.  Here is a look of a regular routine around our house: reading...


 Homework... Studying...

The second weekend in February I had the pleasure of meeting up with my mom to participate with my sister, Amanda, at their women's retreat... Williamsburg = lovely.

  It was fun getting to lead worship alongside of my sister, Amanda, and her friend, Angie on guitar....

 I stayed with mom two of the three nights I was in VA.  This is her chair and quiet time view of Lucas Creek off the Warwick River...
 A few glances from the women's conference...








 My quick trip included a brief visit with my grandparents at their transitional living facility apartment...

I returned home to glimpse a letter from one of my girls who was writing down her testimony of coming to Christ... she shared with me later about how she realized that the longing in her heart could only be satisfied by Jesus... 

 I also came home to these welcome signs... ha ha...
 A beautiful Tuesday morning after getting our kiddos off to school I hiked over to the seminary chapel to hear Tony preach.  I snapped this photo while maintaining my pace, a fortunate capture...
 And then it was Valentine's Day... kids received money, treats and homemade scarves from grandparents!  What joy!
 I know these girls are wondering if their Kentucky mamaw will teach them how to make scarves?!. :-)
 We slipped away for a lunch date at one of our favorite spots...
 Oh so good... On the menu for us? Crab cakes and an oyster po-boy! 



 Some Friday night girl fun = dinner and a movie.  We saw Identity Thief which sadly, turned out to be very crude and lacking on quality - just a heads up.  Despite this, it was still good to be with these gals!
 Then we had a surprising sprinkling of snow.  It was so beautiful, yet quite the tease.  Not enough to play with...
 Joshua posing with his little guitar before passing it on to Judah...
 Saturday adventures... we enjoyed a snowy drive to and fro...
Baby shower for IDC family member...


 Joshua's basketball game (which Tony has loved assisting the coach)...
 Then a visit downtown to the Marbles Children's Museum with friends...










Sunday morning we awoke to another snow sprinkling.  Again, so beautiful.  We also awoke and returned home from worship with our IDC family to a sick doggie...who'd left little 'treasures' in all the strategic places: white rug, sofa, hallway carpet = very nice (*insert sarcasm)...  It's as if he's saying (in his little picture below), "I'll teach you to leave me at home when I'm not feeling well..."  Ha ha...  Thankfully, he seems to have worked out whatever ailed him...

 Monday morning surprise = leaky master's bedroom sink.  This caused a little earlier than planned cleaning out from under our sink.  Here it sits awaiting maintenance crew.  Grateful to still have access to handymen as renters prior to buying our house next month...

The month of February continues to fly by.  Through it all, our Great God continues to graciously pour out His grace.  Grace and peace to you in all your endeavors...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To blog or not to blog, that is the question...

Vulnerable: Rethinking Human Trafficking (A Book Review)

Ethiopian Adoptions - Ways to Help