We're Back...

Last week I had the pleasure of accompanying Tony on one of his trips.  Destination: Ft. Lauderdale...

 This is what we do when we leave town: take pictures to share back and forth with our kiddos.  So, here we are, bored in the Delta Crown Room...
 Shelly was the best at sending picture updates of Joshua and her cute kiddos... practicing spelling words...
 Elisabeth checking in with my girls who wanted to show off their enjoyment of the treat I'd left them... Can we say, Cadbury egg season is the best?!.
 Joshua joined right in helping with chores...
 Story time before bed... Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian... yet another reason why I love this family... 
I, of course, needed to share our first morning splurge: breakfast room service... what joy...
 Feeling special...

 What a beautiful church building, but even more gracious and hospitable church family...


Ok, back to a picture of "here's what we're up to...you?" After 4 hours of preaching/teaching/talking about church planting at the Liberate pre-conference, we slipped away for dinner date on the inter coastal waterway... 
 Too much fun back on the home front...

 Meanwhile, James was having a ball staying with Mr. and Mrs. Chipps (as he affectionately refers to Chip and Ginny)...
 Friday morning we sat in on a breakout session with Sally Loyd-Jones.  What.  A.  Blessing.
 An added blessing: getting to meet her back in the green room...  If you are not already familiar, you need to be!  Here are a few ways:

 Yet another treat: listening to, learning from and meeting Elyse Fitzpatrick.  Here is her website: http://www.elysefitzpatrick.com One parenting book I'd strongly recommend: Give Them Grace. 
 A grace saturated conference to be sure!
Below: a glimpse from behind the scenes video taping while talking church planting.



 Another breakout I attended with Elyse Fitzpatrick based on her new book coming out about our union with Christ called Found in Him. 
And then, we were off... homebound shot for my crew back in NC...
 The ever fabulous Jenni with 4/5's of my kiddos and 1/4 of the Hollis crew...

 While these peeps were sharing chips and salsa, James was with Mr. Chips for man dinner date.

We landed at RDU at 10:49 PM (that is when I turned phone on and texted Jenni)...  However, we sat on the tarmac until 11:40 PM.
 Oh.  So.  Close.  And then, we finally decided on a gate only to have to wait 5 minutes for someone to let us out.  Midnight passes and we finally go wait for our bag.  I am glad I don't travel like this regularly.  Exhausting.  I don't know how Tony or my dad or others like them do it.  

 Return to joy: home with family.  Joshua's last basketball game.



 Little Nerlens Noel, as he refers to himself compliments of his papa, from UK team...
There's James!  My little builder...
 As we prepare for our move, I had to order two more chairs to go with our dining room table.  We have been using it for our kitchen table in this house and able to utilize a window bench for extra seating.  However, we will be short a chair or two without these since we cannot take the window bench with us (ha).  So, James joyfully, and skillfully I might add, put these together...
 before an audience...
Nothing says "welcome back" like homemade signs!


 Then, one last glimpse of life at our house... school projects.


When time permits, I will write more about the previous post prompted by the End It Movement...  I will also share about conversations with hurting children, including one of my own... So stay tuned.  Grace to you.

Comments

  1. What a fun recap! So glad that you guys had a nice few days away and that the kids had fun back at home! CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE YOU AS NEIGHBORS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To blog or not to blog, that is the question...

Vulnerable: Rethinking Human Trafficking (A Book Review)

Hele on to Hawaii