Four Years Ago...

Four years ago our lives were forever changed as we welcomed four precious Ukrainian born children into our family.  The morning of April 7, 2009 we stared at these pictures in the government office and I heard these words spring forth from the deepest places of my soul as the Lord spoke,
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9
 We said, "Yes."  Then, on April 21, 2009 we heard the judge declare four additions to the Merida household. "Praise the LORD!  Praise, O servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD!  Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and forevermore!  From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the LORD is to be praised!... He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children.  Praise the LORD!" Psalm 113:1-3, 9
Finally arrived home in the United States late May 16, 2009...

Then, four years later I finally make my first batch of Borscht from scratch.  Despite the pretty pink color, which I'll admit, made me a bit nervous of the impending taste, it turned out to be quite delicious!
 Served over boiled potatoes... yummy!
 Four years later...
 My little Ethiopian who will celebrate 3 years home this summer! :-)  He loved the borscht too!





Comments

  1. Precious then and precious now.... Praise HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four years already! I began following your blog just after you met in Ukraine. They've all grown so much and I love their beautiful smiles. Angela especially...I read once that she didn't like to smile for photos and now she sparkles in her pictures. :)
    Happy 4 Years home! This summer we too will be celebrating 5 years home for our daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To blog or not to blog, that is the question...

Vulnerable: Rethinking Human Trafficking (A Book Review)

Hele on to Hawaii