Walking

Thanks to all who participated in some way last Saturday at First Choice Pregnancy Solutions recent 4000 Steps Walk-a-thon fundraiser!  It was a beautiful day for an informational walk and time of fellowship.  Here is a portion of our team gearing up to walk...
 We are grateful for the work of First Choice: 
"Our mission is to communicate accurate and truthful information to those affected by an unplanned pregnancy and to provide them with physical, emotional, and spiritual support."

Meanwhile, James found a friend... ha.
 Team 10 photo shoot...



 The ever fabulous photographer, Ellen! :-)
 Off we went...
 Big wheels and all...


 Each station along the walk had various obstacles with the purpose of educating participants with the various challenges families go through when facing unplanned pregnancies...
 This one had a particular effect on the men...




 If you were unable to give but would still like to IT IS NOT TOO LATE!  :-)  They are still fundraising to support the mobile health clinic.  Click on the website to learn more: www.firstchoicenc.org
 Creative conclusion to our completing the walk: an action step to help!  Each team had a different action step to hang on the fence for all to see practical and various ways to get involved.
 "Take a client shopping for clothes"
 All of this followed by burgers and dogs on the lawn... and perhaps a little football passing and game of tag...


 The fancied photos thanks to instagram (for your continued enjoyment, ha)...



Last Sunday, during Tony's message, Joshua decided to "write his first book" and then sold it for a $1.00.  You can read his book below... that kid :-)
 4/5's of my crazy crew out for a walk while James was at kick-boxing...
A prayer from the psalmist:

"Your testimonies are wonderful;
therefore my soul keeps them.
The unfolding of your words gives light;
it imparts understanding to the simple.
I open my mouth and pant,
because I long for your commandments.
Turn to me and be gracious to me,
as is your way with those who love your name.
Keep steady my steps according to your promise,
and let no iniquity get dominion over me.
Redeem me from man's oppression,
that I may keep your precepts.
Make your face shine upon your servant,
and teach me your statutes.
My eyes shed streams of tears,
because people do not keep your law."
Psalm 119:129-136

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To blog or not to blog, that is the question...

Vulnerable: Rethinking Human Trafficking (A Book Review)

Hele on to Hawaii