November Road Trips...

The first weekend of this month I had the wonderfully restful opportunity to take a mom retreat with my dear friend, Ashley, from New Orleans...
 She flew in and we headed to Wrightsville Beach...

 Oh so wonderful...








 Grateful for this friend...
 I drove straight to RDU from Wrightsville and then re-entered reality back in Wake Forest...
 I missed my crew...


 The following weekend we took an overnight trip to mom and dad's for a "homeschool field trip"
 to the
 Jamestown Settlement in Williamsburg...
 Our  queen with The Queen...
 Indian village...




 The three ships….
 Pop Quiz: what were the names of the three ships Captain Newport sailed over?


 Me and my beautiful sis, Amanda...
 Answer: The Susan Constant, Discovery and Godspeed.














 We ended our time together by catching the Scotland Ferry to Surry and back… at sunset.





 Glorious.
 The real Jamestown on the James River...


 Meanwhile, back at mom and dad's new place...

 A restful swing over the creek...


 Hugging our favorite veteran farewell...
 My dad's dad (pictured right)… legacy of veterans...
 My baby sis and her hubby...
 Another beloved sis with her hubby and crew...
 Dad (pictured right)...
Grateful for all our veterans!  Thank you for your service.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To blog or not to blog, that is the question...

Vulnerable: Rethinking Human Trafficking (A Book Review)

Hele on to Hawaii