va * ca * tion

noun
1. an extended period of recreation, especially one spent away from home or in traveling.
2. the action of leaving something one previously occupied.
verb
1. take a vacation
 A couple Sunday's ago immediately following worship with our Imago Dei family, we loaded up and headed to the Outer Banks...
 We were loaded up and excited...


 The view from our condo in Duck...
 Counting our blessings...


 "Bless the LORD, O my soul, 
and all that is within me,
 bless his holy name!  
Bless the LORD, O my soul, 
and forget not all his benefits, 
who forgives all your iniquity, 
who heals all your diseases, 
who redeems your life from the pit, 
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, 
who satisfies you with good 
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." 
Psalm 103:1-5

What a blessing to rest...
 "The LORD is my shepherd; 
I shall not want.  
He makes me lie down in green pastures.  
He leads me beside still waters.  
He restores my soul…" 
Psalm 23:1-3a
 What a blessing to watch our children play...



 What a blessing to be able to enjoy the gifts of others...

 What a blessing to play in the surf…
(I love the ocean!)
 What a blessing to watch our children be creative...

 What a blessing to live in a free country… though freedom is not free…
What a blessing our men and women in uniform, as well as their families, are...


"…for He gives to his beloved sleep" ~Psalm 127:2b



 What a blessing this man is to me...







What a blessing to be mom to this precious crew….
 What a blessing to have such a godly husband and father to our crazy crew...
 What a blessing to have an indoor pool option for rainy days...

 What a blessing to have a muscleman and comedian for a husband… haha..





 What a blessing friends are…
I hadn't seen my best friend from high school, Tammy, in nearly 8 years or so!  In God's grace, we were vacationing on the same strip of beach in the Outer Banks!  I am grateful for this friend who made me laugh with her incredible wit and who shared tears along life's journey while we were growing up.  Although, I would say that we mainly laughed, ha ha...
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change."
James 1:17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To blog or not to blog, that is the question...

Vulnerable: Rethinking Human Trafficking (A Book Review)

Hele on to Hawaii