Another Birthday

Psalm 16 has been a refreshing reminder of God's grace to me this birthday week (yes, we celebrate for a week around the Merida household over here :-)…
Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge.  
I say to the LORD, "You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you."...
 [My first gift received was all the way from Germany!  Thanks baby sis!]  

 [Even got a Skype call in…]
 [The cookies from Germany had souvenir soccer team stickers in them….]
 As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.
The sorrows of those who run after another god shall multiply; their drink offerings of blood I will not pour out or take their names on my lips...
[After lunch, I loaded up the boys and hit the road for my parents' house in Virginia…and hit some bad traffic with stormy weather around the Petersburg/Richmond area…yikes…]

 [Oh the blessing of electronic media to travel with for 3 busy boys!]
 The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot.
The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance...
 [Made it to grandparents!]
 [Meanwhile, back in Lynchburg, my sister had our girls before their last day of horse camp:-)]
I bless the LORD who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken...
 [My sis, Priscilla, on the drive over to mom and dads…]
 [Beautiful birthday morning on Lucas Creek being reminded of God's grace and provision…]
 [Dad and I took a kayak trip up the creek to the bridge and back… beautiful…]





 [A little time swinging with the boys….]









 [Dad woke up Friday morning and apparently was found by mom in their bedroom going through a box of old baby pictures… here goes one now… ha]
 [Meanwhile, Solomon shared some lunch with Titus before we headed out to the beach for a couple hours….]
 [A little wake at Fort Monroe beach on the Chesapeake}




 [The girls made it… as well as two of my sisters for a birthday dinner and fun…]



 [Tony snapped this picture of James snoozing on their flight back to Raleigh from Birmingham - StudentLife camp…]
 [Mom and I, with a glimpse of my daddio in the background :-)…grateful for such wonderful parents!]
 [The baby of the family, Titus, suffered a yellow jacket sting… poor guy]



 [38 years ago…]
 [Saturday, we got a quick visit in with my grandparents before the kids and I headed home to NC…]






 [What a blessing…]
 [Time to hit the road… Titus was ready]
 [I have the BEST sisters in the world…. Priscilla, Amanda and Jessica - I LOVE YOU!!!!]

 Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure.
For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption...
 Monday morning was the beginning of a big day - SURGERY...
 You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
[Getting ready….so thankful Tony was able to step down from a speaking engagement to be with me for this fun additional' birthday present!' - ha]
 [Post surgery recovery time… Monday was a blur and the last two days have been tiresome but good…no pain… for this I am very grateful… in addition to wonderfully loving kiddos and hubby (to be sure!), as well as loving, serving friends and family - THANK YOU]
 [This blurry pic was about how I felt after the 'amnesia anesthesia' - ha ha]

 [The girls at their slumber party with Ms. Lana]
 [James hanging with his BFF family]
 [Tuesday, once my girls got home, they gave me a pedicure and Joshua read Proverbs aloud to us… grace, I tell you…]





[Meanwhile, back in VA my mom had my nephews journal…she had to take a picture and forward it along… precious]
 [Such talent…]
Thank you for the birthday wishes and for the prayers for my surgery.  All went well.  For those who are curious, I had a Hysteroscopy fibroid removal D&C… I'll let you look it up for clarification :-)  God is gracious.  I am enjoying this time of forced rest.  Blessings to each of you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To blog or not to blog, that is the question...

Vulnerable: Rethinking Human Trafficking (A Book Review)

Hele on to Hawaii