Spring Break Part 2

Wednesday morning, we hit the ground running per our return from Kentucky… After getting a few hours of work done, we packed up and headed to Virginia… About 10 miles from my parents' exit, we pulled behind my Dad who was returning from business in Maryland… talk about timing….
 Once we pulled in their driveway I immediately had to take a few pictures to help soak in the glorious weather and views...


 After an evening of rest with my parents, three of us headed over to visit my grandparents….

 We had a great time and laughed a bit at my grandfather's antics...
 Once, in the middle of small talk, my grandfather suddenly bursted out in humor, "What in the world happened to your hair?!."  Tony replied with wit, "I shave upside down."
Tony read some scripture from Ephesians 2:4-10, prayed with my grandparents and we huddled close for a cameo.  What a blessing family is.  These two have been married for just over 70 years!
 When we returned from my grandparents, we loaded up and took a few more pics of our crew enjoying their grandparents' back yard...


 Ok, so maybe I had to get on the swing for a turnabout...
 Wheeeee!




 (Mom took this 'randomly placed' picture of us…)
 After hugging the kiddos goodbye… Tony, Mom, my baby sis Jess and I loaded up… Dad grabbed the hood of the van, "Don't leave me!"  Ha ha…  He was grandfather of the year keeping our crew for 3 days and 2 nights.  
 Our view of the Woodrow Wilson bridge from our hotel at National Harbor...
 Dad's view back in VA… James the snake killer… Oh, what a happy boy he was!
 The International Justice Mission's annual Global Prayer Gathering began Thursday evening with a dinner banquet with worship, a message from Gary Haugen and prayer….  We were so grateful to be able to participate and to do so with all these amazing people….



 Not only were my mom and baby sister, Jessica, there with us… but my sister, Priscilla, drove down from upstate New York with 8 other ladies (women of the chapel)...
 Jess and I...



 Great to see friends, Donna & Brian Simmons, from Mt. Ararat in Stafford, Virginia… my old stomping ground...
 Some quick shots of a dinner Friday evening with fellow justice campaigns friends across the country with IJM….
Our table included some amazing IJM staff and friends representing: Chicago….
 Kentucky, Virginia, Maine,
 Wisconsin, Michigan,


 [insert *pic of my crew being well fed and cared for back in VA* ha]


 and here we have some North Carolina reps….  Check out my friend, Natasha's ministry at: www.asistasjourney.com
Ladies and Gentlemen, 
Holly Burkhalter.
One of my favorites at IJM.  I commend her recently released book called, 
Good God, Lousy World & Me:
The Improbable Journey of a Human Rights Activist from Unbelief to Faith
 A glimpse of our closing time of worship and prayer together on Saturday morning…
(You can view the main sessions on IJM's website here: http://www.ijm.org/gpg

 What a fabulous (and exhausting!) time…

 We kicked our feet up for a few minutes in the lobby before heading to Washington Dulles airport… Tony and Nate headed to teach in Ukraine for the week...
 [Quick family cameo before roads divided: 2 of my 3 gorgeous sisters sandwiching my beautiful mom]
 While we were gone the four younger kids helped with yard work, played on the swings, learned how to kayak by themselves while James drove the riding lawn mower and killed four snakes with a bb gun...
 Let's just say that by the time Mom, Jess and I made it back for dinner, we recounted the weekend's events through a state of delirium...
 and giggles...


 Late Sunday morning send off… 




 The horses across Lucas Creek...
 Uncle Rick drove down from his schooling in Hopewell to join the organized chaos...



Blessed and grateful.  The Lord in His kindness provided safe and smooth travels on all fronts.  Grace.  This week has been a bit covered in fatigue but all is well.  We are thankful.  I pray you all have a wonderful week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To blog or not to blog, that is the question...

Vulnerable: Rethinking Human Trafficking (A Book Review)

Hele on to Hawaii